Last week I had the pleasure to photograph Pippa from @Socalpip. Pippa is a Social Media Consultant, specialising and passionate about working with SMEs to assist them in getting the most out of their social media. See Pippa’s 5 interview questions below and check out her website and social media page.
1. How and why did you get started running your own business?
I needed to find work that would fit around school pickups and school holidays without involving the logistical nightmare that childcare for 2 can be! I was considering returning to teaching but the school run would still have been problematic. At the same time (back in 2011) I was charged with setting up and maintaining the social media platforms for the business I was working in 1 day a week. This soon turned into a personal obsession and a flippant comment from my husband about ‘turning my obsession into work that paid’ spurred me into setting up Social Pip – work that fits around the children AND that I’m passionate about.
2. What does running your own business mean to you?
Lots of hard work and with 2 school aged children a big juggle too! It’s a constant balancing act between family and home life and work.
3. What’s been your proudest moment in your business journey so far?
Celebrating 5 years in January 2017 was quite a milestone.
4. Do you have any words or wisdom or advice you would give someone thinking of starting their own business?
Get yourself a mentor; doesn’t have to be a paid one just someone who you can bounce ideas off and be adaptable because you may have the best laid plans but that doesn’t mean things will pan out as you’d like them to!
5. If you were to write your life story, what would be the title of the book?
Tea, Tweets and Cake
Thanks so much Pippa, it was a pleasure working with you